Invisalign is an alternative to metal braces that straighten teeth without using wires or brackets. Instead, Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners to move the teeth into position gently. The aligners are removable and can be taken off before eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing.
Invisalign has become an increasingly popular choice for teens and adults because it offers numerous benefits over traditional braces. At Cedar Creek Dental: Office of Dr. Phil Han, we recommend these aligners because they are made of comfortable plastic that does not irritate the mouth’s soft tissues.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses a series of custom-made aligners to straighten teeth. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks and is switched out for the next in the series as your teeth gradually move into the correct alignment. Because these aligners are removable, patients can still brush and floss their teeth normally and enjoy their favorite foods and drinks. For best results, you should wear your aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours a day, taking them out for eating or cleaning your teeth. Most patients wear the aligners for about two weeks before switching to the next set in the series.
Aligners are comfortable, with no metal brackets to irritate your mouth. In addition, they’re smooth to the touch, so they won’t scratch the surface of your lips and gums like traditional braces can. Since you can remove them when you eat and clean your teeth, you don’t have to worry about food becoming stuck in your braces or having to avoid certain foods during your treatment. Plus, they can be taken out for special occasions, allowing you to pose confidently for any pictures you want to snap.
The Advantages Of Invisalign
- You can eat whatever foods you enjoy without worrying about breaking anything or having to brush and floss around brackets and wires.
- The aligners are completely removable, so you don’t have to worry about wrestling with food stuck in your braces ever again. Just take your aligner off, enjoy your favorite foods, and usually clean your teeth when you take them off.
- Because you can remove them whenever necessary, you can easily maintain oral hygiene habits more convenient than traditional metal braces.
- There are no wires to adjust and no uncomfortable tightening appointments to keep your teeth moving in the right direction. Swap out your clear aligner trays for a new set every two weeks, and that’s it!
- Many adults are self-conscious about wearing traditional metal braces as an adult. With Invisalign, you can straighten your teeth without people even being able to tell that you’re undergoing treatment.
Patients love Invisalign because the aligners are clear and nearly invisible when worn. If you are interested in straightening your smile with Invisalign, visit Cedar Creek Dental: Office of Dr. Phil Han at 11786 SW Barnes Rd #360, Portland, OR 97225, or call (503) 646-1811.